Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Burden Bearing

The heartaches and struggles of this world can feel oppressive. In Psalms we read that God is our burden bearer. In Ephesians 6:2, we are called to bear the burdens of others. Are you wondering where the encouragement is in THAT?

Well, if you are like me, you mis-read or substitute words sometimes. My tendency is to think I am to ‘fix’ or remove the burdens of others. Clearly God knows my limitations and has not asked me to do that at all. In Christ, I am called simply to share the weights of those around me. As I share those weights, I am called to witness Christ. Witnessing is watching Him work and sharing the beauty of Him with our fellow travelers.

With my eyes fixed firmly on Jesus, walking with Him in the yoke that is light, I will not be overcome by the hardships of this broken world. I will be blessed and a blessing! Let us stay close to His side and lift a load for someone today.

(Matthew 11:30) This yoke is easy to bear, and this burden is light.

No comments:

Post a Comment