Saturday, February 21, 2009

Needs and Power Supplied!

One of the things I appreciate about being sick is it reminds me of a great truth Rick Warren stated in The Purpose Driven Life..."it's not about me." I'm usually a high-energy person who loves to be busy--and sometimes I forget that 'the flesh profits nothing.' Those things I rejoice in doing, while perhaps good and useful, aren't God's work. They are things I like to do and while they may bless others and even be used of God, the purposes God has for me on any given day will be accompanied by the power to do them! When I'm sick I am reminded and rejoice in the truth that God gives me all I need to complete HIS tasks for a given day. It is His power that quickens me and His power that holds me fast. Praise God this walk of faith is NOT dependent on me...It's all about Him!

So, two verses to share today to remind us of truths about "Life in Christ":

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 4:19)

Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. (1 Peter 1:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment